Announcing the 2014 Route 66! - March 7th

Richmond

I wonder if I should stick my neck out and challenge the 930's to the line with the 88's :think:

OK what the hell but no extended keels, longer masts, extra spreaders, code zeros, drifters, poky top battens allowed.. and the stove must light and there must be at least one bottle of rum aboard, full or empty by the finish.

Only fair :lol:

I wonder if I should stick my neck out and challenge the 930's to the line with the 88's :think:

OK what the hell but no extended keels, longer masts, extra spreaders, code zeros, drifters, poky top battens allowed.. and the stove must light and there must be at least one bottle of rum aboard, full or empty by the finish.

Only fair :lol:

Are there any unmodified 930's left ?

would like to do round rangi with bucks on sat. as well as route 66.

But looks light and wont have time to trail boat to bucks by sat ?

Hoping for good s/w for race.

sailing boat down from marsden on thurs, well that is the plan.

looks like from the RYC web site that there is 33 boats entered as of last night.

and 12 of those single handed.

Latest word is we are over 40 - keep 'em coming... 5PM tonight is the entries deadline.

Yes, a very good singlehanded turnout... we had 11 last year, 13 this year and still time to get more in! :)

COME ON FREEDOM there will be wind and certainly RUM at the end get your entry IN! :thumbup:

I can verify the rum bit :)

A couple of reminders to the crew crowd:

- remember to get your two-minute forms completed and in before the race

- check the R66 website for updated information on berthage, breakfast (10$ from 7am on Sat at the Marsden Cove event tent), prizegiving, , entrants, etc

Voom has entered. Lonely looking in the multi fleet right now...

Considered it if it were a quick ride. Might be a drifter :?

What muttley said

COME ON! A match race up the coast in our near identical old wooden classics will be great fun.

How about this - you beat us there, I'll hand over a bottle of rum...

Interesting to see the updated entries...24 fully crewed, 7 multis and an impressive 17 solo entrants. 48 entries! 46 last year, and they only had 11 solo entrants.

Now all we need is some wind for them to get up here...

Archived