2014 SSANZ RNI Leg 2

Cameron

Here's a new thread for Leg 2...

Use the hashtag #2014RNI and it will be picked up by the social media feed on the tracker page.

Start 1200hrs 10th Feb

Good Luck to all competitors

I hope everyone has a great sail. Looks like far better conditions than the 25+ on the nose that we got last time. If anyone does have to make a pit stop in New Plymouth then I can offer them a full set of tools and a strong rum when they arrive. Hopefully I don't see anyone!

Can someone explain "hashtag"? Feel free to move to another thread.

Its a twitter thing... if you put it in your "tweet" then it will auto-magically show up on the righthand side of the tracker.

Overuse of the term "hashtag" will however make you look like a knob:

Cam's f ing hopeless. He has no idea of how to upload photos to the website while driving back to Auckland.

Thanks to the Mangonui Cruising Club. As usual they were amazing.

It looked like Bushido had quite a lead there for a moment but Blink is now back with her after an update. Those 2 are having fun.

Anyone brave enough to pick one over the other to be 1st in to Welly?

I am really keen to see who goes wide and who follows the coast when they head down the West coast. The three times I have raced around here the boats that have gone out wide have done the best. Will it be the same this time?

Looks like an interesting leg down this time. Agree -we went out both times in the last 2 but generally to get into what was to come come next. Plus last time to avoid what was pretty obvious to what we could see inshore. The key will be really getting through the lighter stuff on Tuesday.

My guess would be as tight on the port tack as they come round the corner tonight and head out as that is actually making best ground to Welly. Key will be timing the tack back in - just before the westerly shift would be great. We always had to tack back within 24hours as the loo didn't flush on port!

Have noticed how much easier it is to work out the tactics from on my bum at home this time. God we would have done well.

Hope the boys and girls having a good race, it is good to see the weather behaving well so far. Only slightly wishing I was there this time.

Archived