8.5 - 2014 Nationals Meeting - Swashies Thursday 20th Feb

Clive

Hey All,

We are having a meeting down at Swashbucklers next Thursday 20th Feb at 6pm in the function room next to the restaurant.

All welcome, skippers and crew.

Kevin Peet is going to give us a tips and technique session and the handicapper will be there for bribes and a general beating.

If you intend to race in the Nationals please let us know either via the 8.5 Facebook page or here.

If you have expressed that you are going to enter then your handicap will be available for discussion and Tim will give us a briefing on the Cat 4 requirements.

cheers,

Clive.

Confirmed

Attitude

Borderline

Dirty Deeds

Hurts Like Heaven

Putiki Express - Or New foiling F82

Tigre

Voom

Whio

TBC

Capricorn

Freedom

Hooters

Stealth Mission

John, can you sort out the Racetrack handicaps for these boats and bring them along as part of your proposal? It'll be interesting to see how they compare.

I have a proposal too, Grade the boat like the A Class Cats do - A, B, C. - Thoughts?

My thoughts on ABC etc - Interesting. not enough boats for three groups - possibly we could have two groups: Those boats who, if they sail well (and conditions and luck favor them) can take the gun occasionally (or a lot) and those who realistically don't have the boat speed, regardless of talent and effort. Question is what are we going to do differently for the non-gunners?? Every one races for line but only the non-gunners for handicap? Handicaps biased towards non-gunners??? buggered if I know...we should drink a lot and I'm sure inspired ideas will emerge.

Freedom is in for the Nationals now that we have our new rig.

I'd like to point out to the Handicapper that our new mast is not made of shinny black stuff and is actually heavier than the old one - but at least we have one again! :D :D :D :D

These are the handicaps off Racetrack. Bit of a guess though for the F82.

Attitude 1.1661

Borderline 1.2732

Dirty Deeds 1.2999

Hurts 1.1395

F82 1.1959

Tigre 1.1927

Voom 1.1335

Whio 1.1219

Capricorn 1.0013

Freedom 1.0907

Hooters 1.098

Stealth 1.1626

All going to plan Stealth will be doing the Nationals

Im working really hard to get her back together for it. Icant wait!

Racetrack is the obvious starting point for handicaps. In years gone past they have been pretty appalling to be honest.

These are the handicaps off Racetrack. Bit of a guess though for the F82.

Nice one John.

So when will you know about the F82 and will you be foiling!?

I too am really interested to know about this F82R that will (from proposed Handicap) be a touch faster than Tigre and possibly foiling(WTF??). Where have you un-earthed this gem from?

You lot seem to have a knack of scheduling these meetings when there's a great gig in town. Can't make another 8.5 meeting again.

do you have an 8.5 scottie?

You lot seem to have a knack of scheduling these meetings when there's a great gig in town. Can't make another 8.5 meeting again.

do you have an 8.5 scottie?

ha ha ... ScottiE ... when is that 8.5 of your's going to leave the mooring!

Now you do not have to own an 8.5 to come along, crew and interested parties most welcome...

Archived