8.5 - 2014 Nationals Meeting - Swashies Thursday 20th Feb

Clive

We need harnesses? For cat 5?

Does seem a little OTT... I don't know I was just the guy with the scanner...

Also crotch straps for self inflating lifejacket, is that for auto inflating - can anyone explain the logic and how can you get crotch straps retrofitted (apart from buy some webbing and risk my wife's ire when I stuff up her sewing machine etc

Also crotch straps for self inflating lifejacket, is that for auto inflating - can anyone explain the logic and how can you get crotch straps retrofitted (apart from buy some webbing and risk my wife's ire when I stuff up her sewing machine etc

By stitching something to part of the Lifejacket you may well find that the service agents for the LJ may reject the LJ.

We wanted to add an additional tether point - end result was a webbing loop that slid over the LJ webbing - no stitching through any part of the LJ.

Jono might help out.

My pick for ranking

1. Borderline

2. Dirty Deeds

3. Tigre

4. Hurts

5. NFS

6. Stealth

7. Voom

8. Attitude

9. Whio

10. Freedom

11. Hooters

12. Pussycat

with Whio Freedom & hooters almost the same number, a bit of a jump down to pussycat and a bit of jump up to Voom; hurts and NFS almost the same number,

Bottle of rum that this is the closest to the final finishing order on line - bar breakages

My pick for ranking

1. Borderline

2. Dirty Deeds

3. Tigre

4. Hurts

5. NFS

6. Stealth

7. Voom

8. Attitude

9. Whio

10. Freedom

11. Hooters

12. Pussycat

with Whio Freedom & hooters almost the same number, a bit of a jump down to pussycat and a bit of jump up to Voom; hurts and NFS almost the same number,

Bottle of rum that this is the closest to the final finishing order on line - bar breakages

Yea looks right to me. :thumbup:

My pick for ranking

1. Borderline

2. Dirty Deeds

3. Tigre

4. Hurts

5. NFS

6. Stealth

7. Voom

8. Attitude

9. Whio

10. Freedom

11. Hooters

12. Pussycat

I'm flattered Tim. But Voom faster than attitude? After 2 years of no racing? yeah right.

And I would hope that the handicaps for voom/whio/freedom/hooters were all pretty similar. We are all very similar boats after all.

I'm guessing the lads from Attitude won't be terribly impressed with that ranking either. Ken, You are coming out for a race tomorrow? If so it should start to answer a few questions about whether the new "heavy hard tramps" make you slower or they are actually "an enhanced aero package" and we all better watch out for the Voom...

I don't know enough to rank the top half of the fleet but I do think Freedom, Whio and Hooters are fairly even and would be great fun if we all had the same handicap - and hence race on line.

We do have a new mast, so there is some uncertainty on performance there but its not like its something totally different to what we had last time. Its pretty much the same apart from being a slightly bigger section size, as the old one isn't available anymore.

That might prove faster in the long run but for now, we have a lot of re-learning to do to find the sweet spot. Its heavier, so might be slower - time will tell (but I really hope not!). Either way, I'm happy to have one again :D :D

I've never raced against Voom so can't comment there.

The Pussy Cat boys need every incentive possible to get the boat sorted and sailing again for the regatta.

The Pussy Cat boys need every incentive possible to get the boat sorted and sailing again for the regatta.

Lining up with the whole fleet really helps the learning curve as you quickly see how you are doing and what to work on.

You can also try the change out in the next w/l.

"enhanced areo package" Love it.

Sounds way faster than "hard deck to stop the roll together when cruising"

I hope to be out tomorrow. Am short of crew at this stage though. anyone got a spare crew member?

(Looks like a drift off)

Right here's my two cents worth:

The list as such is a painful read from our point of view with Attitude languishing well below her potential – a bit of an indictment on her current owners! :oops: As cunning a yachtie as Ken is, I agree that we should be above Voom on the list. Is Hans joining us? If so I would insert Epsom Salts at number 4:

1. Borderline

2. Dirty Deeds

3. Tigre

4. Hurts

5. NFS

6. Stealth

7. Attitude

8. Voom

9. Whio

10. Freedom

11. Hooters

12. Pussycat