The Solo Challenge

Thanks guys! :thumbup: :thumbup:

I really appreciate the support! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Kinda took last week off as I was exhausted and needed a break from the boat. This week I have only made it down twice as I have been busy making a bit of money. Then there is the Auckland regatta which I am doing on Voom.

So getting a little behind on what I consider the most tedious work up until now. Sanding the entire interior of the hull by hand. :crazy: I have found a helper but he can only help me tuesday mornings (thanks Diego!) Going to try and complete the boat by sections that way I can advance and feel like there is progress being made rather than sanding the entire boat in one go.

First on the list is the bow. Once the bow is sanded back I can start fitting in the anchor locker and also do some coving to make it easier to clean up the boat. Build the bow bunk and varnish.

Then Ill work on the stern making a step, fitting in a few lockers, building my wet room... and of course coving and varnish.

Then the mid section... you all will get more details when we get to that area! A lot could change from now until then! :wtf:

Can't decide if I should be a responsible BOAT OWNER and go work on my boat today, but then have jelly arms and be tired for the Auckland Regatta or if I should be a responsible CREW and rest up today so I am fit for the regatta? Any opinions? :think: :shifty:

I found, when I was building my boat, that you can easily get run down - basically you can work all day, all evening 7 days a week and that's not a sustainable thing to do. With the cure cycles of resin there is always the temptation to do the last few jobs in an evening and get it glued/glassed or whatever so you don't loose 24 hours on a particular job. This job will take you quite some time so pacing yourself is important or it will all turn ugly.

That being said - if you're racing with Ken against me then I think the best thing would be to put in a full days work on the boat followed by an all night drinking session - go with the good owner option! Be careful to show up to sail no later than 11am on Saturday :-).

Can't decide if I should be a responsible BOAT OWNER and go work on my boat today, but then have jelly arms and be tired for the Auckland Regatta or if I should be a responsible CREW and rest up today so I am fit for the regatta? Any opinions? :think: :shifty:

responsible CREW!

That being said - if you're racing with Ken against me then I think the best thing would be to put in a full days work on the boat followed by an all night drinking session - go with the good owner option! Be careful to show up to sail no later than 11am on Saturday :-).

Thanks Dean. You'll keep...

Thanks Dean. You'll keep...

Dean, Ken is a perfect example of how a crew should be! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ask him what he did last night and why we aren't racing today! :silent:

I may have to relax and go rum racing instead.... just have to watch my rums! :shifty:

the reason we arn't racing today is that the other crew couldn't make it (work), and ash wanted to work on her boat....

Its not at all because the responsible skipper went on a stag do last night and is not his normal healthy self today

Hi all...

Was wondering if anyone has a good vacuum cleaner for boat work that is just sitting in storage unused that they would be willing to loan me? The one I was using has been taken back, and trying to clean up the dust from sanding is proving to be quite difficult with no vacuum cleaner. :crazy:

Cheers

yep, I have a big mother shop vac you can buy rent steal whatever. Just need to pick it up.

Thank you very much! :D

Already being put to good use! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumb up:

.... now if only someone had a spare hand to loan me for some sanding... :think:

Typical! The 3 wise men watch and laugh....while.......

10155717_452612244870498_286191236_n.jpg

The girl does all the work! :lol:

10153676_452813758183680_49720717_n.jpg

Bow sanding is complete!

10150519_452609974870725_1428921370_n.jpg

Saloon is clean!

1655888_452610118204044_1170839290_n.jpg

Now hopefully tomorrow I can start building and coving in the bow! Resins and powders have been bought...now the fun can begin! :thumbup: