2014 SSANZ RNI Leg 4

Cameron

We got the fleet away after 1/2 hour delay waiting for the breeze to settle in, so they are going to windward in an 5 knot NE breeze. It should build a bit.

Wedgetail had engine issues.......apparentley coundnt engage gear or something??? I really hope they get it sorted quick, the travel lift is on stand by if required.

So thats it untill next time, the Napier Sailing Club has really enjoyed hosting the teams. Look forward to the next one.

Brooker

I'm glad the colours have changed.

How is this part true...

Two pale pink boats were driving me slightly in the direction of more rum.

...and this bit true, at the same time? Isn't more rum always a good thing?

Looks like Wedgetail is underway on YB. Glad it seemed like a quick fix!

Indeed. Good to see.

Two pale pink boats were driving me slightly in the direction of more rum.

...and this bit true, at the same time? Isn't more rum always a good thing?

It's thinking like that which explains why Wellington is a fun place. So much so I think I'll pop down for breakfast and see what develops from there. Fidel's for eggs benny sounds like a damn good idea.

And as is always the case Go the Ross boats especially the one with mast and sails.

Going to be an interesting leg this one with the podium spots far from done deals it'll be fun to watch.

its tough out here at the moment. not pleasant. 25KTS and a very lumpy sea. crossed tacks with smithy on the marshall a few times last night then he buggered offshore. so far it doesnt lok to have paid off for him.we have a nice 1 kt tide with us inshore. pretty happy with how we are placed considering its been 30hrs of upwind sailing and most of that above 20kt. ross 930s are renowned for thier shorthanded upwind performance. .... unfortunately we still have plenty more sh*t sailiing to come for this leg... the end might be ok thou.

Archived