2014 SSANZ RNI Leg 4

Cameron

From Cam on Twitter...

Cameron Thorpe @CameronThorpe

Wandering Star have suspended racing and pulled into Hick's Bay to resolve engine issues. They expect to resume racing shortly. #2014RNI

Looks like they are back racing again now...

All that effort to get there and get the good results to date only to be taken out that close to the finish. The Marshall lads must be gutted, hell I am and I'm only watching.

At times racing yachts can be a total arse.

All that effort to get there and get the good results to date only to be taken out that close to the finish. The Marshall lads must be gutted, hell I am and I'm only watching.

At times racing yachts can be a total arse.

yip it sure can!

but Smithy has no excuse with this...

Remember the 6 Ps. Prior Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance"

on the bottom of each post? :oops: :oops: :oops:

The problem is, you can prepare all you like but the unexpected is still not expected to happen. Smithy has spent a lot of time, energy and money on spars in the last couple of years and that boom has been looked at by several professionals in the rigging industry, but still .......

Hindsight is 20/20 but the unexpected is still unexpected.

The problem is, you can prepare all you like but the unexpected is still not expected to happen. Smithy has spent a lot of time, energy and money on spars in the last couple of years and that boom has been looked at by several professionals in the rigging industry, but still .......

Hindsight is 20/20 but the unexpected is still unexpected.

Did the professionals crack test it?

If many people have looked at this then there must have been some kind of concern.

Maybe it was all ok and something freakish happened in the race?. Booms take a beating and huge loads just aft of the kicker tang.

Bugger

at this mornings sked smithy and gav were just below cuvier is, close to pepe and notorious

there traker trace stops at 0200

Hopefully there getting along ok - maybe in by 1800

In some ways its better that it happend now close to home at the end of the rni on a leg where they where kinda out the back door rather than on any of the legs before. The boom may have been 100% fine but broken from a crash gybe gybe or plowing into a big wave all the inspections in the world aren't going to stop the unexpected! And really who knows we arent there!

Tough on Pepe at the moment by the looks ... so close to home and no wind now?... they have been making slow work in the last few hours.

both my son's favorite boat in the race..... yes they follow it every morning and night on the trackers... they wanted blink to win this leg (but my favorite Bushido won..!)

yes its been a a very painful day on pepe..... watching our hard earned lead on div 4 evaporate. nice 8kt northerly now. just peeled from gennaker to spinnaker and soaking down rangi shore inside marshal.

Finish times

Bushido. 01-42-09

Blink. 01-55-54

Focus. 03-45-55

Wedgetail 05-23-27

Laissez faire2 05-35-10

Fiction. 08-05-18

Overload. 08-14-13

Django. 08-22-35

Gale force 09-15-07

White Gold 09-23-27

Coppellia 10-13-20