What's happened to all the Ross 930’s

Hello from the other side of the pond. I am thinking more than a few of you know this answer. I have a Ross 930. Self tacker on the bow currently. New main MP 35.74 ME14.00 MGM 9.79 MGU 6.06 CODE 6 PHRF Pacific northwest with keel and bulb rating 108 currently with a non masthead kite .I am looking at including a 153% jib 32.9 LLJ , 15.3 LP to sail plan. Rating would go down to 99. So question is ? Is the bigger jib worth the 9 seconds per knot mile penalty ? What size of jibs have been found best suited to the Ross sail plans ? Thanks in advance

In most cases I would have said 9 secs (0.012 approx NZ PHRF) was too high but for PNW where my impression is you've got light air most of the time, it'd definitely be worth thinking long and hard on. Overlapping is definitely a significant plus in the light.

Hi All,

Did or does anyone have a picture of Recreation on the seawall from back in July 2012.

We are getting closer to starting the surgery, and are after a before shot or two from the scene of it's demise for the portfolio

Pm, or email me

Cheers

Gary

wreck floors (1024x576).jpgfinished stripping the keel floors of the Wreckreation tonight .... amazing how water gets in between the outer glass skin and first layer of Kevlar through the keel bolts and core and it just lifts off almost :shock:

wreckfloor2 (1024x576).jpg

wreck floors1 (1024x576).jpg

I was standing in mine knot that long looking at all the nothing and thought 'I wonder if anyone would make the same mistake and do a total gutting'. I thought knot but nek minnit .................

Love the toy in the background in one photo. I also have a boat building helper like that, mines called McCulloch.

This is the 1st time I think I've ever entertained the thought of playing 'I'll show you mine if you show me yours' with a person with such hairy legs and abysmal tits :lol:

During the demo phase. All most everything you can see in both photos has also now gone away.... but I have kept the hull and most of the deck. I was trying to keep the 1/4 berth bits, seen in the middle photo, but for assorted reasons so that area is now causing global warming

One of the new bulkheads going back in. Chain plate grunting up is happening and ground work laid for the strengthening of the cabin top to take the tracks for the new sails.

post-646-141887267251.jpg

post-646-141887267254.jpg

post-646-141887267257.jpg

Its clearly a watertight crash bulkhead and anyway I heard a KM doesn't even crap. All that healthy living does wonders for his system apparently and competitively its a huge advantage. Time on helm not dunny makes the boat go faster. Its an old maritime bondage saying..

Interesting to see your windows went forward of the main bulkhead as well Gazza. They also do on No Worries yet we measure the same to the bulkheads and all that stuff. I must have short windows.

Coincidently I did order a composting dunny last week. Not for the boat though nor has it been anywhere near Russells junk.

It's a excessively large watertight bulkhead AA. Na, there is a hole in it now.

Archived