2014 PIC Coastal Classic - Message from NZMYC

Re Predict Wind, deja vu sorry to say. When Apple changed to IOS7 Predict Wind was out on iPad/iphone for about 4 months. Jon did refund me for the time, and I appreciated that, but was only fixed just before our Milford - Cape Reinga leg and the info did not include all details on how to make the fix work. i.e may well be of-air for the CC?

...it was a loud bang and splintering sound. Prod of another big boat through the side just below the gunnel.

Who was the other boat

Equilibrium I believe

Equilibrium? Retractable prod? Upwind start?

I am only going by the photos from the Ginger one and they suggest an upwind start for last nights race, wind out of the NE (?)

:thumbup: Big Support for the new start format, even from the first div guys that had to thread their way through the smaller boats. It was great going past people you know, and I bet the last boat has never been in at 10 AM before, and a baby Woolacott at that.

yup Wayne Mapp has been trying for a long time to get Calm across the line - great job!

In the wash up we missed a couple of class records that fell in the race as well. The records stand even if a class division was not awarded a prize, with the exception of course of the just awesome showing by the 930's.

Ross 930 new record 13hrs 58:53 by No Worries - taken off Recreation set in 2009. The first 4 930's all bettered the previous record

Farr 11.6 new record 14hrs 13:59 by Expedition Copellia - bettering her own record set in 2009.

Young 11 new record 12hrs 49:18 by Fineline - taken off Force Eleven also set in 2009.

Archived