Dean Barker is flying in to Miami to join

Barker, who steered Emirates Team New Zealand to TP52 circuit overall wins in 2009 and 2010, is reported to be relishing the opportunity to deputise at this 2014 52 US SUPER SERIES second event for Interlodge’s owner-helm Austin Fragomen who sustained a skiing injury two days ago. The boat which was runner up in Key West in 2013 finished with a flourish there last month, narrowly missing out on a podium finish at Quantum Key West in January.

Interlodge’s tactician Andy Horton explained:

“ To Austin’s credit there was never any talk of not doing the regatta. He wants to support the class and all the guys had put in all the work and so he said ‘let’s see how good the boat is, let’s get someone good. The boat captain Kris started calling around and Dean was really keen and said he could be on a flight and be here in the morning and so that is cool.”

more here

http://www.52superseries.com/2014/03/04 ... er-series/

Sailor X... Did your parents not teach you anything?

If you don't have something nice to say about someone, it is better not to say anything at all.

Repeating yourself is not becoming, it makes you look like.... Never mind, my parents taught me well.

Sailor X... Did your parents not teach you anything?

If you don't have something nice to say about someone, it is better not to say anything at all.

Repeating yourself is not becoming, it makes you look like.... Never mind, my parents taught me well.

Huh? Where have I said something not nice?

And where have I repeated myself.

That post was a dig at Mr " I love Dean Barker", who constantly bombards this site with pro dean Barker stuff but never the facts about the real results.

I am just balancing the argument with the facts. Unless you think my facts are wrong

Sailor X - just had a look at your posts, searched the word "Barker", three pages of posts where you suggest that Dean Barker is not good enough. The repetition is tiresome.

I get it that Dean isn't your best mate but you continue to go out of your way to put him down. Dean's CV is well known, how does yours compare? He was invited to join a race team at the last moment, to compete at the highest level... Where was your invitation?

Hey Rushman,

You forget, if we'd chucked Sailor X on a 1st gen TP52 to drive, they would have won every race. That's why he's called sailor "X" - it doesn't take a crew or fast host to win, just the "X" factor.....

Sailor X - just had a look at your posts, searched the word "Barker", three pages of posts where you suggest that Dean Barker is not good enough. The repetition is tiresome.

I get it that Dean isn't your best mate but you continue to go out of your way to put him down. Dean's CV is well known, how does yours compare? He was invited to join a race team at the last moment, to compete at the highest level... Where was your invitation?

Again!... where have I said something that is not nice?

Facts are facts and my opinion is not rude.... and he is a choker in my opinion.

Just because you are his number one fan does not make you right and does not make your opinion in support of him rude.

One thinks you are either a little bet sensitive or are related.

A good concrete milkshake might be in order Rush man.

And nice spin on the 3 pages!... you mean 3 posts of facts and opinion's as opposed to you playing me in every post of yours instead of the topic...again. seems you have the problem not me.

Yes I do think he is average and his record in class boats and finals back my opinion.

And yes, Blair Tuke is a better skipper, sailor, and person.

And yes Dean was invited... once the owners other choices were gone.

Hey Rushman,

You forget, if we'd chucked Sailor X on a 1st gen TP52 to drive, they would have won every race. That's why he's called sailor "X" - it doesn't take a crew or fast host to win, just the "X" factor.....

Damn right

Xxx :D

Yachtyakka's post has been deleted, and he has a ban for one month due to personal attacks on other members.

A reminder for all on the rules

No foul language

No personal attacks on other members

Be polite

You are free to disagree with anyone, just do it politely. Kindergarten kids can understand this! The rules will be enforced for all users

Matt

You must have me confused there Sailor X...

Number one fan?

Related?

FYI - where I come from we say Goodaye Mate and call red heads Bluey. You might refer to it as the West Island

You have made your point about Dean numerous times, it is getting old and tedious so perhaps instead of being the proud father figure for every other up and coming potential sailor in NZ, you let it go and give it a rest.

My personal opinion is that Dean may not have won the AC but his record is far better than you and I, getting rid of him would be like throwing the baby out with the bath water. His experience is needed to pass onto the next generation.

PS... His wife played hockey for New Zealand, I played hockey in New Zealand... Perhaps I am related?

Stirring idiots deserve personal attacks.

Careful IT, i reckon you'll end up with very few posters if you ban the ones objecting to 'polite' trolling.

Might pay to kill the disease, not treat the symptoms as they occur.

Clipper although not a direct attack, that post is borderline. Every user is entitled to their opinion, no-one has to respond. However, I also require posts to be constructive is some way, so I'm happy to discuss any issues.

Calling of names, is IMO trolling. Especially when accusing another user of Trolling!

What I will not accept, and the reason for the immediate ban, was YY posting (now deleted) PM messages about moderation and banning. Warnings and Banning discussions between moderators, me and the others, are NOT for public discussion. That's why they are PM's.

This thread is very close to being locked...

And yes, Blair Tuke is a better skipper, sailor, and person.

You know both well enough to say that?

Result speak enough for me. And dean does not get them.

Unless you call coming second in a two horse race a resut?

Enough of this! It's all repetition anyway.

Sailor X also has a ban of one month due to his last (also Deleted) post.

Thread is locked, nothing to see here, move on...

Archived