Boats Designed or & Built by Collings & Bell

To whom this may concern on the Maritime History of Boats in N Z.

With the focus on Boats Designed or & Built by Collings & Bell

My name is

Ronald S Wattam

32 Carroll Place

Rotorua. 3010

Ph. 07 345 3553 or cel. 027 224 5698 Email. olivine@xtra.co.nz

My inquiry is that our family are directly related to the great firm of Collings & Bell (my wife’s grandfather & uncle)

I would desperately like to have help in collating a list of all the boats that are;

A] Known by name to have been built or designed and are now history.

B] Boats that are still operating in the waters around New Zealand and maybe some overseas and their names, sizes etc..

C] Boats that are just simply designed and then built by others.

I do know of at least 50 boats on my list now, but recognise that there are a great deal more I do not have and would like.

I believe this should be considered a worthwhile project and be kept for History sake as there are many famous boats still operating around the many harbours and lakes in New Zealand at over 100 years old. Collings & Bell were in St Mary's Bay designing and building boats for over 60 years.

These boats go from Runabouts, Yachts, Launches all sizes, Tugs, Barges, Fishing Boats and Ferries,

I do hope that one considers this on its merits and are willing to help by promoting and advertising.

I would require current owner names,- name and details of boats if possible,- size of boat and include a photo as well as a brief history of the boat please.

All information will be followed up on.

"Please advise me if you are able to assist in any way please"

A copy of the completed article will be presented to the Maritime Museum and hopefully some assistance in Publication would be helpful and made available to all registered boat owners.

Kind regards

Ron Wattam

20th. February 2012

Ron Wattam

32 Carroll Place

Rotorua. 3010

email; olivine@xtra.co.nz

Phone; + 07 345 3553 or 027 224 5698

Archived