These rules extend to all sections of the website including private messaging. Crew.org.nz is privately owned and retains the right to remove, edit or delete posts and if necessary ban or remove members without notice or explanation.
- Political discussions are banned.
- No personal attacks, trolling, brigading or stalking.
- Accusing other members of illegal behaviour is banned
- No posting of libelous remarks or directly misleading information, you accept all legal consequences if you do so.
- No public discussion about moderation- contact us.
- Posting protected or copyrighted material is forbidden- explanation below in the posting standards section.
- Stay on topic within reason.
- Do not post the same discussion more than once
Information copyrighted or owned by any individual or entity other than the member should not be posted on the discussion forums without the consent of the owner. If such an event occurs, the individual posting the information shall be held solely responsible.
You cannot legally post entire articles or news in the forum without permission from the copyright holder. Even if you attribute the article correctly it’s still copyright infringement. Under Fair Use provisions you can legally post a small abstract of an article - or perhaps the opening paragraph. In either case post a link to source- no exceptions.
The only exception to this rule is press releases; they are meant for distribution and can be copied and posted in their entirety. If you are not sure if you can copy something then always err on the side of caution and simply post a link to the material.