Keen to Get Out for a Sail

azimuth

Hey all

I'm a 30yr old male from whangarei and im looking to get out and do some sailing / racing, im a newbie when it comes to sailing but am extremely keen to learn and would take any position im given on a boat so i can get up to speed and learn, im more than happy to travel to auckland as im guessing this is likely to be my best opportunity

Thanks in advance

Hi. I'm an Aucklander however used to live in Dargaville but also spent alot of time sailing in Whangarei. There are plenty of opportunities to crew on the Whangarei harbour. I crewed on trailer sailers out of Parua Bay Yacht Club. They also sail dinghies and other classes. There is also a yacht club at Onerahi. There is a newish marina out towards the refinery. This came after my time and I can't lay my hands on any info at the moment. They are bound to have a club running out of there and/or boats wanting crew.

Also suggest you put your name on your post. I find people tend to respond better .

Good luck

Cheers

Ian.

Pop down to Parua Bay on a Sunday, speak to the guys down there with the Flying Fifteens, they are always looking for crew, I know that Zane Lewis is always keen to get someone, you can phone him at his office ENZED

Archived