Port Vila to Auckland

Rogermana

Hi I am Roger Levy from Auckland, but currently working in Vanuatu. I am looking for a crew position on a boat from Port Vila to Auckland in November, preferably leaving about 12th. Aged 53 years in excellent health and having a long background in sailing of all kinds from P class to Townsend Talent. Mostly this was Auckland Harbour Racing but I was foredeck hand on 3 coastal Races to Gisborne and Wangaroa. Have recently owned my own Alan Yound yacht. Am an all rounder but am very good at engine maintenance and solar installation. Understand the basics of navigation and am very good at sail handling, can work at heights and am used to heavy weather. Am willing to fly to Suva or Noumea. Must be in Auckland by November 24th. Can be contacted at +678 54 14576.

EmailManaOMoana.JPG

Most boats are going to clear from Vila to head south as they can get duty free fuel & booze here. Luganville can be a tough call as there's nowhere really yacht central except maybe Oyster Island. I was up there last week and saw a few boats on the beachfront moorings and a couple over at Aore Resort. Pretty thin in Vila at the moment, a few Froggies heading for New Cal but the rumour mill says that there is a bit of an influx next week including 1 or 2 that might be looking for crew. Do you want me to put up an ad on the noticeboard here?

Where have you been working up there? I came dangerously close to managing Velit bay last year but escaped in time.

Hi Roger - hav eyou found a ride down to NZ yet? If not we are departing Vava'u Tonga probably on Saturday or Sunday on a Beneteau 413 and could do with a 4th crew member / watchkeeper. If you think you could get here before then let me know. My email is scott@nzyachtcrew.com and website is www.nzyachtcrew.com. ETA into Opua about 10days after depature - so around 20th Nov which meets your timeframes.

Cheers

Scott

Archived