Looking to crew

Message subject: Gay Sailors

Folder: Inbox

Hi Ogre

I have stumbled across an older post of yours about gay sailors. I am thinking about getting reinvolved in sailing in a crewing role and would like to meet like minded people - which doesn't just mean gay. I have been a solo dad for a long time and now my lad is leaving school I feel the need to not be at home all the time either! I have lived in a gay relationship and in a straight one as well and my work takes me onto building sites so am confident that I wouldn't flounce around your boat or have hissy fits. However as some of the comments highlight, I would find it preferable to know that if there were guys out there who were really good with having gay crew, or even be gay themselves then I would feel more at home. The prospect of meeting new people who may not be single but may know someone who is, would kill a couple of birds... As I think you said, there are guys you know there but they don't advertise it - fair enough, straights don't have to advertise either but it does make these gay friendly areas hard to find. Are you able to offer any help?

If anyone wants to help email editor@crew.org.nz and I'll pass it along.

Archived