New to Welly and keen to sail

vmattiola

How's it going, my name's Vinny and I'm from USA studying here in Wellington at Victoria Uni until July and looking for a boat that might need some crew for regular racing or cruising. I'm 20, quite fit, spend my time climbing, tramping, and studying, and have been sailing my whole life mostly Hobie's and smaller boats but was on a bigger boat race team (Catalina 380) in Annapolis, MD previously and have been on bigger boats offshore a few times as well. I'm president of my home university's sailing club in Pittsburgh, PA and teach sailing there with various American Sailing Association certs; Basic, Keelboat, Coastal Nav, etc. I'm easy to get along with and quite laid-back but my competitive side comes out when the class flag drops.

If you need crew for anything ranging from casual cruises around the Welly-area to serious offshore racing, let me know! I pick things up pretty quickly and am prepared to be the lowest on the totem pole if it means some great sailing while I'm here in NZ (a dangerous proposition, I know!). If anything, I can make a damn good dark & stormy too.

Email or phone is best way to get in touch with me. Call or text 022057370seven or email vincent.mattiola@gmail.com, or a PM here should work too.

Cheers, thanks for your time.

VM

Archived