Available for Winter Series

spensiridgley

Hi.

My name is Don RIDGLEY, I am 55 years young. With the Summer Series just finishing, I am keen to continue sailing / racing in the upcoming Winter Series. I am self-employed, so can be relatively flexible with sailing dates/times.My sailing background is as follows;

2012 - 2013 Summer Series at both BBYC and RNZYS, on Farr 1020's and Ross 40. I occassionally sail in the BBYC Rum Races (Nolex 30), and sail on a Thompson 850 each Thursday afternoon at RNZYS. I recently sailed in the Auck - Marsden Cove race (sea sick on return journey, bugga!!).I completed 220 hours racing last year (documented sailing logbook), and fulfill bowman, mast, winch / keyboard positions on various yachts, at various times. I have completed the C'guard Boatmaster course last year, and will be attending the Coastal Skipper and Advanced Sea Survival course over April - June.

I dont have "years of experience" like everyone else, but I love sailing and love a challenge. Cold, wet days dont bother me....nor do rough seas.

If you are looking for crew, then please call.The best way to contact me is mobile: 021 994 308; or email: langrip@xtra.co.nz

I can vouch for Don as being a top bloke. He is on my "cruising" crew list but has yet to sail with me due to his racing commitments. Despite not sailing he gave up a whole day sanding and antifouling my boat and did it with energy and even seemed to enjoy it! :)

Give him a go!

Ian Gabriel

WHITE ROSE

Archived