experienced crew for Tasman aviable

edward

Ahoi

My name is Edward and I’m from Germany, 20 years young.

The whole of last year I spent in New Zealand working as a wooden/traditional boat builder.

I was lucky to work for an extraordinary skilled and motivated craftsman who even took me on as his apprentice. This apprenticeship is half finished at the moment but my visa is running out, so it is time to move on. I now plan to move to Australia, to finish my training there.

However, I am hoping to find a more exiting way to get over “the ditch” rather than a plane.

Having followed this forum over the last year I know that many try but are not always successful. But why not give it a go?! Last March I got to crew across the Tasman on a 30 foot sailing yacht with a young kiwi couple I meet in this forum.

Soooo, if you are crossing the Tasman from anywhere in NZ to anywhere in Australia (my final destination is Tasmania), take a little time and have a thought about giving me a lift.

I am easy going, able to adopt and accept the word of the skipper, very motivated, used to board life and have lots of stories to tell.

Happy to give a hand where ever I can, doing shifts, dishes, cook and entertain and can be helpful for any kind of repairs all around the boat.

- have been sailing all my life from dinghies up to yachts mainly in the Baltic sea waters but I’ve also done some bluewater sailing in North sea, north Atlantic and polar ocean. In March I also did the Tasman crossing

- own 3 nautical licenses similar to the English yacht master

- always try to soak up additional knowledge

In short I am a responsible skilled and experienced sailor keen for more experience and new knowledge.

For any more information and If u consider having me for crew catch up in this forum, alternatively my email is: edward.jaschek@web.de or my phone: 021 082 930 17

I’m happy to pre meet and can jump on board at short notice

I'll be traveling from christchurch up to Auckland during the next one or two weeks... So if anybody is interested to meet up and talk about that offer, I could easily swing by, wherever it is...

Archived