New Toro 34 with sleeping berths

Hello

In my last post I was asking for some feed back on our new Toro 34 catamaran soon to be launched. However other then some negative comments and on how an ad should be taken and I must admit a few very funny comments I did not get any comments on our hull design, choice of materials, components etc. Base on the Kiwi reputation with multihulls I was hoping to get some suggestions or some constructive criticism to improve on our design. Mold production is starting next week so if you have any suggestions or comments you think would help make this great new catamaran a real winner pleas do so .

Also we are looking for a Distributor for NZ so if any of you, know of any orginization that would be interested in importing and distributing this great new catamaran please let me know

Fair sailing all

www.designcatamaran.com

It looks good that's for sure.

Knot sure why the multi lads haven't chimed in, probably all busy arguing amongst themselves about something yet again, they do that a lot you know. Knot sure if they just like it or are starting to suffer ill-affects from having the wind rushing past their ears to fast and in doing so sucking out something important and possibly grey coloured ;)

The problem you'll find in NZ is everyone knows better than the one next to them when talking what makes a boat go fast. Also we are a nation of tinkerers so something 'off the shelf', so to speak, can't be as good as something knocked up in the back shed while under the influence of too many beers. That's especially so when talking any boat that will be raced.

Personally I thought your pricing wasn't at all bad. She's a good looker and the safety 'I've had a cock-up' orange blades would be damn handy for a significant number of our multi sailors and Search N Rescue teams :twisted: ;)

Construction wise I couldn't say, I leave that to people with more clues.

I'd think for them to go well here they would have to be able to handle a good breeze, be able to get to at least Cat 3, be able to live with some 'tweaking' as we Kiwis can't leave anything std for more than about 3.73 seconds.... on a good day.

Are these designed to live in the water or was the plan to dry store them? Dry storage here isn't that easy often or knot at least for a boat that size.

How would she handle 30kts with only 2 crew? Had to say this early but have a guess. We have a couple of large 2 handed series here that have longish races so being out there in 30 isn't uncommon, seeing it into the 40's isn't huge uncommon either.

Does the pink chick with the smokin silhouette come as standard or is she an optional extra?

Hi, Looks like a nice concept.

The thing that stands out to me though is the weight vs sail area.

I am sure it would be a fun and safe boat in moderate to fresh winds but would suffer in the light and moderate down wind.

The size is about right.

I did not see the cost though.

It would need to be able to get cat3 for coastal racing.

Cheers :thumbup:

Jamie

It looks good that's for sure.

Construction wise I couldn't say, I leave that to people with more clues.

The beams and spars are infused in one piece by Etamax in Adelaide. Build quality and finish are pretty good. Despite the aussie dollar being at an all time high and the cost of shipping, they were still the best option for a Canadian builder.

rob

Beam 1.jpg

Beam 2.jpg

Beam  3.jpg

Beam 4.jpg

2011-10-28 Mast Mould.jpg

Archived