Please identify 14mm rope

Hi,

This isn't for any reason other than interest, (or of course if it bursts liable into flames after 12 months UV exposure) can somebody tell me the manufacturer of this rope, my bit is 14 mm and the colour in the red fleck isn't particularly UV stable. I didn't even think twice about it until I went to do the eye splice onto my main sheet blocks becket when I found the inner core. I made up a splice that works but I'd like to know if any ones seen it before. The red fleck has faded in the 6 months it's been on the boat. We have tons of rope at home so I don't know where it came from or how old it is. It was just a useful hank about the right length and I assumed it was polyester. Any ideas?

20151204_102439_001.jpg

Yeah that's how I did the splice, I should have known something was up when I felt the solidness of the stuff it feels like a dyneema core but it obviously wasn't. I felt like I was pushing on the pull side of a door whilst I was trying to splice it at first until I realised there was no hollow core. Thanks for that, I knew you'd come through. I've never seen it before (other than hanging in my garage for years) and I was most worried that it was going to be some corrupt polyprop blend that was sold in the 80's and failed before the early 90's.