A bit of a thanks to Graeme Polley

So with a yacht overseas, and my father not having very much skill in the electrical field, some work he had done on it in Fiji manifested into 2 ruined alternators and a cooked smart regulator. 

Graeme Polley, of Smartregulator.co.nz was of immense assistance in sorting out the problem, both supplying regulators to allow testing, and also loaner alternators whilst we waited for parts for the one salvageable alternator and he also supplied us with a refurbished alternator for a great price.

His patience with Dad who really has very little skills in this area, and advice once things got well past the ability of the local auto/marine electricans etc Dad had trying to repair the problem is far better than the support we have experienced anywhere else in the marine industry. 

Eventually I did have to fly to the islands to both carry spares and do the repairs myself, but through what must have been very frustrating phone calls and emails for both he and my father, he always was happy to offer his time to get the problem sorted. I learnt a fair amount from him also.

I checked with IT before posting this as I realize its promoting a business, ( of which I have no interest other than as a satisfied customer ) but I was really amazed at the level of service provided and think that anyone who is doing alternator or regulation upgrades or repairs would be well advised to at least discuss their needs with Graeme.

• Upvote 1