2011/2012 Volvo

Guest Peter Marsh

Guest Peter Marsh

For anyone who knows Brad Marsh but hadn't heard this news.. "It's rare to see a boat competing in the Volvo Ocean Race which doesn't have any New Zealanders aboard. The Groupama Sailing Team is no exception to the rule with the arrival of Brad Marsh, aged 27. A member of Ericsson's shore crew and a sailor aboard the Class America Team New Zealand during the Louis Vuitton Cup, he's very determined: 'I was very enthusiastic at the idea of discovering the French aspect of ocean racing as well as the French culture. The way a project is managed is so different. The French concentrate a great deal on the detail; they're extremely focused. It's very interesting to be able to witness it from the inside and to learn alongside people like Franck Cammas.'

Brad will be a bowman and in charge of the rigging.

According to Franck: 'Brad has recently arrived in the team. He was a member of Ericsson 3's shore crew so he hasn't sailed in the race. However, he's an enthusiastic sailor who will work in a complicated and at times dangerous position, where he'll need courage. I think he has that.'

Welcome to the "Proud Parents Club" :thumbup:

The second half and I have been to;

Cowes for the start of the 01/02 race

Auckland 02

Melbourne for the 05/06 race

Gotenburg for the finish

The finish is not to be missed.

What a great thread. Congratulations to all the kiwis named in the Volvo teams recently. Pretty cool to see Phil Harmer in there too.

I'm taking my young daughters twilight racing tonight. It's time to get them focussed! Maybe I'll get to welcome them to Galway or Hobart one day.

Archived