I just want to go sailing!

Hey folks, I'm just looking to boost my skills a little and get out there and have some fun so if you, or anyone you know, is looking for crew I'd love to join you. I'm free this Sunday (Feb 6th), and several other days leading up to Feb 18th when I leave for a 10 day kayak expedition.

Mat

27 year old Male

10 years casual experience (30 footers)

Nice one msm, sure someone will be interested.

Just to be helpful (natural fountain of human kindness that I am) I presume you are in Auckland, rather than say Greymouth. Just to save all those sailors in greymouth from being disapointed.

By the way is Matthew St Martin your real name? Very cool one. Might change mine by deed poll to something cool like this, sick of mine. The kids might be confused tho.

Where is your 10 day kayak expedition going to? (I am a paddler)

Get in touch with the tacing secretary at the Royal Port Nicholson Yacht Club (www.rpnyc.org.nz). February is the Wellington harbour Festival and there's a LOT of sailing going on...

There's the Optimist Team Racing Champs Feb 05

The restart of the Velux 5 Oceans on Feb 06

The Port Nicholson Regatta February 10-13

A Radio Control Regatta February 12 - 13

The Youth Match Racing Champs February 16 - 20

Get out on the Harbour Day February 19th

The Musto Wellington Match racing Cup February 23 - 27

and The Round North Island 2 Handed Stopover February 25 - 28

See http://www.rpnyc.org.nz//index.php?opti ... Itemid=215

(since your post doesn't say where you are I assumed you are in Wellington).

Oops! Thought it might say my location on my profile. I live in Auckland (North Shore) sorry... I really appreciate the info though. Looks like I might be get out tomorrow after all, just waiting on a text. The paddle is from Cape Rienga to Auckland, around 500k I'd say.

Thanks for the help guys! Keep me posted if you get a chance.

The paddle is from Cape Rienga to Auckland, around 500k I'd say.

Thanks for the help guys! Keep me posted if you get a chance.

More like keep us posted! :shock:

The paddle is from Cape Rienga to Auckland, around 500k I'd say.

That's quite a paddle msm. that's about 499k more than I typically paddle on an 'outing' :)

How many days are you allowing for a paddle like that?

Anyway have an awesome trip.

Yes we would love to hear about it if you fancy writing up a note about it.

Haha, not a problem. I plan to complete it in 10 days - there may be a write up in NZ Kayak afterwords... I'll let you know how it goes. Looks like I'm doing a night race this evening somewhere around Auckland!! I'll let you know how that goes... I've never sailed at night I don't think... well, not a whole race anyway! Time to shake off the rust!

... and yes, Mathew St.Martin is the name - don't be jealous, its a paperwork NIGHTMARE!

Came in 6th out of around 13 boats! Took 18 hours though! Got some time at the healm and definitely got my bearings back.... phosphorescence were amazing! Dolphins everywhere at 2 AM lighting up the sea!

So, please keep me posted on anyone needing crew. Just sent out a few hundred posters to over 25 different Yacht Clubs around NZ... its been about a week and haven't heard anything but I'll be sure to post if I do!

Archived