Standards

otto

Ok here's something that may be more worthwhile you lot viewing and commenting on since we are getting dizzy with the rules.

Which for my 2 cents worth, would not push it if i was the yacht that is unless i wanted to pay

Global maritime distress and safety system (GMDSS)

Public comment

The following draft Standard is available for you to comment on. The closing date for comments on this draft Standard is 11 April 2011.

DR 4432.1, Global maritime distress and safety system (GMDSS)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To align the AS/NZS Standard with the latest edition of the International Standard.

The main changes with respect to the previous edition relate to some amendments which bring the Standard up to date with newer IMO resolutions and ITU recommendations. In particular, in 1995, the IMO adopted new performance standards for the SART in resolution A.802(19) which replaced those of resolution A.697(17). This new resolution introduced a new requirement for the SART to be provided with a pole arrangement. In 2006, the ITU-R revised recommendation M.628 to permit the optional use of circular polarisation with the SART.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To download a free copy of DR 4432.1, Global maritime distress and safety system (GMDSS), CLICK HERE

http://www.standards.co.nz/web-shop/?action=viewDraft&mod=drafts&draftId=DR4432.1&searchId=870396&searchOrderingIndex=1&searchSessionId=6159E8540B65B5E5CBE438ECB7816D55

Archived