Defender Series Query

El Toro

So on three separate occasions, I asked Sir Michael Fay, Bruno Troublé and Harold Bennett whether they though Larry E would have a defender series for the yanks before the cup final.

Its not looking likely....

We were the first country since I got hooked Cup fever to bin this format, and I agreed with Blakes reasoning at the time for us as kiwis.

People seem to have forgotten this part of cup history.. I mean lets get with the program, the aussies, god bless their corrupt to the bone souls, even snapped a boat in half and sank it in 5000m to plant keel sonar reading gear.

Does this leave clubs like New York swinging in the wind? Though I see no interest from them now, it was always cool to see two series in one going on.

I dont wear a watch, never have, but to have the dual competitions in one going on I thought was awesome

Anyone got Ellison's shoe phone number handy?

People seem to have forgotten this part of cup history.. I mean lets get with the program, the aussies, god bless their corrupt to the bone souls, even snapped a boat in half and sank it in 5000m to plant keel sonar reading gear.

Yeah bit of a shame no Defender Series but then there lots of old stuff knot in there this time or has been pushed aside for assorted reasons over the last few Cups.

Bar playing with 72fters and the usual 'twisting of the rules to suit' there isn't that much in this that isn't already happening in other places/series/events.

Archived