Charter Recommendation

AJ Oliver

I hope it is appropriate to post this here. I receive no compensation of any sort for this blurb. Just trying to support some of the top-notch businesses that I dealt with in NZ while I was there earlier this year (2011).

Darren & Wendy at Great Escape Yacht Charters (Bay of Islands) go the extra mile (kilometer?) to provide an excellent and safe sailing experience in this wonderful & historic area of New Zealand. When some heavy weather blew through during my charter (March, 2011) they immediately offered to adjust the charter period. And I loved the motor on "Kea", one of their Davidson 20's. It's better than the one I have at home in the U.S.. They were also right there to address some minor equipment issues. Great Escape has my highest recommendation.

Dr. AJ Oliver

Past Commodore

Sandusky (Ohio) Sailing Club

I'll second that one! I chartered one of their Noelex 30s a few years back and they were great. This thread should go in the marine section though....

I"ll keep that in mind have thought about doing a charter up north for some time.- while on the topic- I Don't recommend the boat Ad Hoc- from nzyachtcharter.

PM me if anyone cares to why....

Archived