new...well, old... re designed designs

here's two new designs, well actually one is taken off a 20 year old 55ft block of foam.. i think that that is the way to go for a fast yacht, really long and narrow with small-ish rig and canting keel. just read as 'modern systems thunder'

the other one is more of a modernized elliott 10.5, huge flared hull and narrow water line with heaps of sail. so, who wants one

post-10268-14188718503.jpg

post-10268-141887185036.jpg

i sweep the floors and make tea at brin wilson boatbuilders :wink:

i was interested in being a designer.... until i found out how much paper work is inviolved

Haha fair enough then if thats not your cup of tea

Ive always wanted too but everyones telling studying naval architecture wouldnt be "broad" enough so im just doing the odd drawing at home now while studying about the broadest thing out :lol:

I might post a few of my drawings and see what people think too, its the perfect place to do it.

Yours look pretty mean btw

i think there would be quite a few opportunity's being a designer, if you are happy doing 40ft 16 ton pig rooting chop and poly cruisers! come on, let's sea some of yours

Ill get them out in the weekend

Normally get up to figuring out the displacement, try put some sort of interior in it and give up lol.

Got a mini that ive done which i quite like, but im gona add a chine to it just cos ive never done a chine boat.

And F*#k cruisers, my plan is to build a home designed mini, campaingn it and hopefiully get enough exposure to either get into superyachts or race boats.

Archived