OPTI worlds build up

smithy09

NZ's 3 Optimist worlds entrants have been having a superb build up for the worlds. First they did the pre worlds in the Dominican republic. Issac McHardie 5th, Marcus Sommerville (Wakatere) 6th, Leonard Takahashi Fry (NZ Nat champ) 8th. Then onto the US Nationals and Leonard took the title convincingly!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Marcus in 4th and Issac in 13th (a lot of bad results for Isaac pulled him down despite 4 bullets, so he wasn't mucking around..)

Now they are in Wales for the UK nats (What a build up!!!) and after 4 races, Leonard in 4th, Marcus in 5th and Isaac in 28th.

These guys are really sailing hard and getting top international results. You can follow them on facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/OptiWorldsNZ-2011-NZL-Team/182848001768462

Are you coming down? If so I guest we will have to line a few up on the bar, nothing like Booboo and the RNI guys. :wink:

But I hope to shot over to New Plymouth for the might PT nats Jan 1 - 7th.

Are you coming down? If so I guest we will have to line a few up on the bar, nothing like Booboo and the RNI guys. :wink:

But I hope to shot over to New Plymouth for the might PT nats Jan 1 - 7th.

Yes and I'll be down for the Opti North Islands in October... So mine's a double!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Stop Press: Leonard has won the UK Opti nationals as well. That's the NZ, US and UK Nationals all in one year.. Let's hope he doesn't have an All Black moment at the worlds!!! :roll: :roll:

Go Leonard. Top result. Marcus Sommerville in 3rd, Isaac in 5th. Pretty damned impressive!!!! Nice job guys!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Leonard got second in the Japan nationals. Would have won it but they threw out a race he did well in due to the race committee displaying some funny flags and a competitor (or his/her dad) noticed and it was thrown out.. Awesome record though. NZ, US, UK nationals winner and 2nd in Japan.. Watch that name!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Archived