Wednesday Night fun and games inTauranga

Fabulous night, 18 - 20 building to 30, clear skies. What more could you want? I know, some crash and burn.

Just to show I don't always pick on Extreme. Here is what is normally looks like.

post-5952-141887192492.jpg

Now this is how you blow a race. The naviguesser told the skipper where they were going to the next mark. Shame he didn't read the course sheet correctly. Whatever in second place is gifted the lead right up until 4 secs from the finish. Just don't tell anyone it was Kaimai Flyer. Even the Commodore can have crew issues.

post-5952-141887192495.jpg

And now tonights featured boat. Y88 No Regrets doing some I have never seen. Big round up (seen that)

post-5952-141887192497.jpg

but when they blew the halyard the kite looks like it got a lot of water in it. Another gust hit then this. Looks like a bomb went off.

post-5952-1418871925.jpg

More entertainment and much better sailing photos like this

post-5952-141887192503.jpg

https://picasaweb.google.com/1094011183 ... 27/WedDec7

Nice photos Murray, its good to see the action happening to some one else. I heard there was action behind, White Heat must have put the boat on the side till the puff went, well done Bob :oops: The T-cats were flying!!

White Heat had the kite wrapped at both ends of the forestay and was being held down. We had to tow them head to wind to take the pressure off. If not they would have slid onto Matakana or out the entrance. E7's can go sideways quite quickly. Squealer had a spectacular wipe out and my spotter just enjoyed it with out giving me the call. I was busy taking the nice shots of Extreme. :clap:

Archived