Semi-experienced crew member in PR (Culebra, Vieques, etc) w

holmesworcester

Hey everyone--

I'm a fit 32 year old living in Puerto Rico for the winter, looking for a boat to crew on with my family (my wife and our 7 year old daughter).

My wife's really interested in sailing and boat life, so I thought I'd put this out there and see if anyone needs crew or pleasant company. We're flexible for time, and I'd really consider any itinerary or voyage on its merits. (Though, a transatlantic is too much for our first time out as a family).

My crewing experience is:

In 2007 I sailed with two others from Santo Domingo, DR to Trinidad without stops (12 days) in a 32 footer with a tiller and no autopilot. Before that, just day sails between Culebra, Vieques, and Culebrita.

I'm solid at steering the boat, following instructions and reacting to situations quickly under somebody else's leadership, helping, and not being in the way. I'm familiar with safety principles, though I'd want to review. I'm a pretty good and versatile cook. I speak English, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese well. I speak enough French for communication (though not in critical situations).

My wife and daughter are fluent in English and Portuguese (they're from Brazil). They have no sailing experience. Our daughter is 7.

Happy to contribute groceries or supplies and meet you anywhere on the big island or in Culebra, Vieques, etc. We might be able to fly to the VIs or elsewhere if you were sailing somewhere with affordable one-way tickets back to the US (PR, DR, VIs, etc)

--Holmes

Archived