CM93 charts

I am using CM93 charts and using Open CPN 2.5.0 to display them.Unfortunately my charts do not show inshore detail for anchoring or navigating in bays or Harbors.I have copied the vector chart settings that other users are successfully using but it makes no difference.

My chart copy is......Chart/CM93/00300000/A/00300000A

Updated 2000-01-01

I have tried to find a newer copy on the net but all downloads offered look pretty risky.

Can anyone direct me to a more recent copy or advise me how to fix the problem?

Willow,I dont understand.CM93 doesnt cost anything.Thats the point.Do you think its dodgy?Tens of thousands of cruisers have been using it for many years.

Anyway,I understand that you dont know where I can get a copy

Yeah that was sort of my point, they are Cmap vector charts (I prefer raster charts myself) the dodgy ones are free but Pirated, the non pirated ones are very expensive.

I don't know what countries you are talking about but there are other options and they are becoming increasingly cheap, sometimes free and also legal and up to date.

I don't know I I'd be very happy going to a foreign country on Cartography that was last updated 12 years ago.

Ok.

The Raster charts are basically an image, and in some cases an image of the original paper chart.

Vector charts in a proper system can be corrected easily, you can turn layers on and off, select the level of detail. I have found they take a bit of getting used to.

I still like working with paper charts.

Archived