Boat wanted : NZ to South America

nomadxperiment

Hello !

I'm a french traveler on the road for the last 4 years. I'm hitch-hiking most of the time and after a long journey between west Africa and Australia, I want to visit America, starting from Patagonia and hitchhiking all my way up to Canada. But first, I need to cross the Pacific.

I've been sailing every summer on a lake when I was kid on a kind of small catamaran. That's basically it for my sailing experience but it was enough to learn a bit of theory and have some fun. Now, I see my journey as the opportunity to learn some new skills and I would like to get a serious experience by crossing the pacific by boat.

I would like to cross the pacific and go to south america ( a preference for Chile or Peru) and I'm pretty flexible about how long it can take and how many stops to do on the way. I just have my Visa in NZ valid till the 28th of august so it would be good if I can leave before this date (should be possible to extend it a bit though)

If you want to know more about me, you can check my website at nomadxperiment.wordpress.com

I'm looking forward to meet any sailor interested by my request. Any advice or contact welcomed :)

Cheers !

Pierre

Hi there Pierre.

Sadly, at this time of year there's probably very few cruising yachts heading across the southern ocean from NZ to South America. Its a bit late in the season for that (and there's probably not a whole heap of boats taking that route at any time of the year really). Most cruisers will be heading north for the tropics if they haven't gone already.

Best of luck with your travels.

Archived