Gear (vintage) wanted for sailing dinghy -javelin

qolsol

Greetings,

I have two vintage javelins, one is #26 so very old! the other is #302

I am looking for:

-deck fittings/pulley's/rudder gudgeon/centre board from the 1960's era or similar;

-wooden mast with stays, trapieze wires etc;

-spinnaker from end of the spinnaker era (before gennaker era).

-any other suitable javelin gear? :o

-photos of the early generation javelins :wink:

I have a complete alloy mast and sail set plus boom if that's any use Daniel plus spinnaker or if classic is not so important I have a second near new gennaker and a carbon piece that you need to convert to gennaker. Will involve a contribution to my boating fund for that .

Going wooden mast might be a bit too purist .I had very old cherubs and I thought I only ever saw alloy masts and thats same era as javelins. If you are going out sailing you want to come back and to have had fun.

There is also a alloy mast by itself that is off a boat whose owner has disappeared a year or two ago . I have that under Pt Chev Yacht Club taking up space and it's going in the bin unless the navy guy who was going to get it suddenly appears. You could have that for free. Has all the wires.

:clap: :clap:

"...a few vintage Javelin skippers in not very good condition" is just the type of skipper I'd like to meet/enlist. I'm hoping other owners of vintage javelins will be inspired to sail/race again.

The flash new carbon/kevlar jobs are great, but if you've not got the $$$$'s for one of them there is still lots of fun to be had on a vintage Jav. even if it has been recycled a bit!

It is great NZ design and I'm keen to see NZ dinghy designs being appreciated/celebrated more.

Never know, some better condition skippers may just want to get involved too.

Archived