H28 owners in Christchurch?

Howdy, I was doing the coastal walk from Diamond Harbour to Purau the other day and noticed a LOT of H28's sitting out in the bay. I'm keen on getting one of these in the future and was hoping for a ride/crewing opportunity on one to get a good look at them, I'm more than happy to pay my way with cash/box of beers. Have my own gear (foulies, life jacket etc) but a sad lack of practical time sailing (which I am trying to remedy), I'm keen, working my way through the Boastmasters syllabus and not afraid to get my hands dirty. I work for Doc up in Arthur's Pass so would only be able to get out on weekends.. Even if you don't own one of these mighty H28's I'll take any crewing opportunity going to raise my experience level! Cheers, Richard

Seriously good attitude dude. There are not to many southerners on this forum but I do seem to remember some Cantab types on here and even one bemoaning the lack of blokie types. Might need more than your foulies for protection.

Not sure about the H28's. But racing at the club starts early september with a winter warm up regatta. Viki in the other thread runs the crew list as well as a young 88 that operates as a chilly bin full of piss :-), if only she delivered. A good way to get involved is to come down to Naval point and have a chat on a race day. If you get there around 11 and are keen, you should be able to find a boat by 12 to get on the water.

Either that or get your name on the crew list, I've heard most people on it get on a boat. And if you offer to bring the beers then it should be a given.

Good luck and might see you down at the club one day

Archived