How much choppy can I

How many layers of 600g choppy can I lay up at once before something will go bad?

Using West System (105 I think it is) with the slower std hardener on top of plywood.

Layering up some cradle pads.

Ive laid up 25mm wet no prob, and you wont be doing that. only mix what resin you can use without the pot getting hot and treat each layer as if its the last. so half a litre at a time to start depending on how fast you are and rolleach layer out as you go to get the air out. chop strand and epoxy isnt good. there imolsion bonded and powder bonded. 1 is basically a pva spry which polester resin breaks down, epoxy doesnt. good luck

Gezz Gazza, that's getting deep. Sweet on all that Thanks.

25mm is a lot more than I would have thought, a lot.

I'm thinking 5 layers each side will be fine, it's knot like the boat is made of footpath.

Using expoy as I have some old stuff I'm too nervous to use on the boat so it'll work for this. It's a little old but seemed to go off fine in a pre job check.

Guest mental outlook

Problem with using 'epoxy' and chop is as per Gary has said, it doesn't break down the binder so the chop becomes hard to work with/form to shapes. Grab some other cloth, or polyester.

Sweet Thank Mental but these pads are like Paris Hilton, they have no shape and are basically flat :)

I will use other cloth on corners and no way will choppy be going into my boat...... or at least any more choppy as I have detected some hiding core-mat a.k.a resin sponge. A fair few sq mts of that will be chainsawed out in the next couple of weeks.

These are just some new pads for the cradle. The front one was just glassed and I think the resin may even go off...... I hope.

Oh and look close mid far left hand side and you can just see my new vacuum pump, from 'The House of Wheels Construction and Goodies R Us' :thumbup:

post-646-141887210314.jpg

Archived