Crew Position Wanted: Auckland to Bluff and Sydney to Hobart

spensiridgley

Hi.

My name is Don RIDGLEY, I am 55 years young, and I am keen to join a crew that is looking to participate in either the inaugural Auckland to Bluff race in 2014, or the Sydney to Hobart race in 2014....or both. I am self-employed, so can be relatively flexible with sailing dates/times.My sailing background is as follows;

I currently race at BBYC (Farr 1020) on Tuesdays, RNZYS (Farr 1020) every 2nd Wednesday, RNZYS (Thompson 850) on Thursdays, and at BBYC (Nolex 30) on occassional Friday Rum Races. I am also participating in the Richmond Yacht Club Friday Night Specials...to gain experince / exposure to different yachts. I completed 220 hours racing last year (documented sailing logbook), and fulfill bowman, mast, and winch positions on various yachts, at various times. I have completed the C'guard Boatmaster course, and will be completing the Coastal Skipper, Advanced Sea Survival, and 1st Aid courses within the next 4 - 5 months.

I dont have "years of experience" like everyone else, but I completed 20 years military service and am well aware of the requirement to manage the effects of stress/fatigue/cold/wet/hunger and have been in many "stressful" situations at times. I also understand the need for training and working as a team member, so I will make myself available as needed.

If anyone is considering entering these races, and maybe looking for extra crew, then please call.The best way to contact me is mobile: 021 994 308; or email: langrip@xtra.co.nz

Archived