Boat hitching to Australia??

tamaboard

Kia ora folks,

My name is Tamsin - young Kiwi lass hoping to find a crew position on a yacht going NZ -> Australia or the Pacific, anytime from now onwards.

Experience-wise: Mostly zipping around Wellington harbour on my mate's 28ft yacht, every few weekends or so for the last year. I slept on the boat quite a bit and am well-aquainted with liveaboard life on the pier. Sailed across Cook Strait overnight on the same boat once too. So I can steer a course and keep-watch, am savvy on a fair bit of gadgetry, acquainted with conduct on the water, and can cook a mean feed of mussels in a tiny space :) Naturally I still have a LOOOOOT to learn - and can't wait to learn it. Not interested in aeroplanes anymore - sailing for me is the obvious way to (more sustainably) sustain my passion for travelling.

I'm currently in Auckland visiting friends and planning to hitch up to Whangarei early next week to get talking to people down at the yacht club.

Would appreciate hearing from anyone who might have a spot for me, or from anyone who knows a guy who knows a skipper who knows a crusty sea-dog who could take me. Or any advice from anyone :)

Thanks folks

Tamsin

tamsin.leigho@gmail.com

Archived