Calling H28 owners please

Guest 000

I have removed my rudder for fibreglassing and would like to fix the small amount of play in the bottom pintle. The boat is still in the water. Before I send my wife over the side I need to make sure she has the proper tools. Are the pintles, which I assume are stainless steel round bar, threaded into the bronze part, ie would she able to unscrew it with a pair of vicegrips?

Thanks, Chris

I'm not forcing her - she volunteered..

I'm not forcing her - she volunteered..
:shock:

...yeah right...we believe you.. :lol: :lol:

Sorry cant help you there. Ive only replaced the tiller of my H28. The rudder seems ok (touch wood)

Ps..so what's the secret to get the missus to "volunteer" ?? :shh:

Thanks for the replies.

We have just had our bi-annual trip down to Tauranga and luckily, there was an H28 on the hard so was able to have a good look at the rudder pintles - 5/8" stainless round bar threaded into the bronze bit.

Rudder is now fibreglassed and I am now in the final stages of attaching the trim tab for the new self steering gear.

Its true - my wife volunteered. I have been married for 40 years to a woman who, if you posed the question, 'would you rather a nice diamond and pearl thingy or a new derallieur for you bike' would take the second option, any day!

Archived