Wanted some sailing experience

Fearless

Hi,

My name is AJ...I would like to enter into the sailing world and I have some keeler sailing experience and would like to know if anyone would help me out with gaining some more sailing experience.. happy to start with day or weekend sailing and then progress into longer sailing trips later on. This will help me decide if sailing is for me long term.

I must let you know that I have hearing impairment although I can lip read as well NZ sign language and I am happy to teach bit of sign language to make communication easier. I work as self employed Arborist for past 11years in Welly so it show that I am a willing hardworker and not afraid of danger, roughness etc. I am a very safety focused person.

Thank you and look forward to hearing from you soon. Please contact me by text 027 358 0230 or email ajbishopnz@gmail.com

Many thanks

AJ

Hi AJ. Nice introductory post.

Every Friday night there is usually a good number of boat owners and crew and other club members who gather at Royal Port Nicholson Yacht Club - RPNYC (oriental parade) for a few drinks and dinner at the yacht club. I know there's also often a good number of people at Evans Bay Yacht and Motor Boat Club - EBYMBC (Evans Bay Parade) on Friday nights too...

...Lowry Bay at Seaview is probably an option too if you're in the Hutt Valley.

I reckon a good way to break the ice and find a boat is to wander in and introduce yourself and get talking to people. As the yacht club's are clubs, their license usually involves guests needing to eb signed in by a member... but that should not be problem - introduce yourself to someone when you arrive, and most any member can sign you in.

If introducing yourself can be a challenge/intimidating... I'd be happy to meet you before hand and bring you into the club and sign you in if you like.

Cheers,

Bardy

029 234 7737

Archived