Crew wanted from Tonga or Fiji to Auckland

lasbrisas

Jul 08, 2013:

Crew members with offshore experience wanted for the passage from Tonga or Fiji to Auckland on board the sailing vessel Reine-Marguerite of Switzerland.

Reine-Marguerite is a 11m Joubert-Nivelt strong aluminium monohull with centerboard that has cruised from Europe to the South Pacific these past years. Please contact us for further information.

This year she will be heading south to the wonderful New Zealand. We will leave Tonga or Fiji in the last two weeks of October 2013. First landfall will be Opua or Wangharei the first week of November, which lies about 1100 miles SSW of Fiji or Tonga. Passage time is expected to be about two weeks.

We do not charge crew nor do we pay them. You will be expected to take a full share of watches, cooking etc. You also make your own arrangements to Fiji or Tonga. We understand Air New Zealand flies from Auckland to Fiji Nadi or Tongatapu several times a week.

Interested?

Then email us a brief summary of your sailing experience and other relevant information.

Margrit & Bernard

Hi Margrit & Bernard

My Name is Robert and I am Swiss (From Bern, 35Y) and currently travelling around the world with my fiancee Judit (Budapest, Hungary, 27Y). At the moment we are in South America in Colombia, heading for Ecuador.

After South America we will be heading towards Australia in the second half of October to travel and to visit my brother, who lives in Perth. We will fly via Fiji so timing and location fits well! :thumbup:

I would like to Sail from Fiji towards Australia or New Zealand (or parts of it). I have a Sailing vessel on a Swiss Lake (26ft. Bavaria) and I am currently collecting the miles for the Swiss Offshore Permit. So I can sail somewhat. I have theory and can navigate, know the signals, can calculate tides etc. I have sailed so far around 750nm in the carribean on a 60 ft. steel ketch (3 people aboard; Dom. Rep. - Cuba - Jamaica) and sailed from Panama to Colombia on a 40ft. catamaran (appr. 180nm).

I am an easy going person, reliable, keen to work aboard and learn as much as possible. I can cook quite well (they say :)) and I am handy with all sorts of work. Doing my share of the jobs aboard is no question. I speak German, Hungarian, English, French and a bit Spanish. Some of my hobbies are photography, cooking, fishing, travelling.

I would be very interested in joining you from Fiji to New Zealand. My fiancee is not yet sure if she would like to join, although she is interested as well.

We have a travel-Blog where you can have a first impression of us: juro.toth.li

We can skype or email anytime to exchange some more information.

You can reach me via email on robert.toth@gmx.ch.

I am looking forward to hearing from you!

Best Regards and safe travels!

Robert

Archived