Caution - Its Major Rum Race time of year again...

Marshy

Hi All

Its that time of the year again where no one can remember what happened, all they know is that there was a BBYC Major Rum race the night before! And it was Epic...

Once again we are running our Major Rum race in association with Halfmoon Bay Marina. - This one is on the 16th of August.

Its a Mark Foy start, (Meaning the 88's start after the 930's and catch them :-P ) with the first boat kicking off at 2.30pm. And the faster ones a bit later than that!

Its normally a massive event, with live entertainment in the club afterwards - and a heck of a party.

We have loading berths available if any non local boats want to come and join the fun - Just give me a shout...

Its a night not worth missing, and normally a very fun race.

Marshy

BBYC Major Rum Race.jpg

Starting to organise handicaps for the Mark Foye start, so if anyone is thinking of coming down either PM me, or post it here and i can make sure the handicrapper isnt too harsh! Or for more info text me - 021 273 2247

Marshy

So we have got interest from a turbo'd Piedy fueled by Wild days rum... Plus agood deal of interest from the 40 footer fleet at BBYC, and 11 Young 88's so far for the Major rum race. Anyone else going to join the party?? Marina Berths are available on the loading dock for the night for people wanting to stay for the party after.

Line Honours prize is 4 Bottle of God's Nectar - Mount Gay Rum!! So its worth coming along!!

A few photos of this race last year to whet the appetite of any people who think its winter...

307367_228395217212232_4792729_n.jpg

319242_228395000545587_368638_n.jpg

321162_228395510545536_4964037_n.jpg

Sadly due to weather last friday not being ideal for a leisurely cruise and a few beers or infact even slightly ideal for a Major Rum Race the event was postponed.

Good news for those of you who wanted to come but couldnt do that date!!

Its no re-scheduled for Friday 30th August - Same deal, first boat starts at 2.30pm. Get hold of me if you are keen and i can organise you into the starters list and get a start time.

Cheers

Marshy - BBYC

A reminder that this is going on this Friday at BBYC - If any boats from other clubs want to come and join they are most welcome, and we can arrange temporary berths etc so you can enjoy the party with us! - Just let me know.

Mark Foye start- First boat off at 2.30pm. Followed by live entertainment at the clubhouse after - And the winner of the race gets enough rum to sink a small dinghy! See you on the water!

Archived