Crew wanted for RYC Wednesday nights

Cornelia

Hi,

I'm looking for a person to crew on FX (Elliott 7.9) in the Richmond Wednesday Night series. It starts on Wed 2 October and is fortnightly.

We are a mixed crew with a female skipper... that would be me. :) The aim is to have fun out on the water - if we win something, that's nice, but it's not the be-all and end-all.

We meet at the boat at (at Westhaven) at 5.30pm, and FX races in the spinnaker division but we sail non-spinnaker. (If it's light winds, and we've got the expertise on board, we might put up the Code Zero.)

I have one space on the boat and need someone with basic sailing skills. No complete beginners, please, but if you've done a sailing course and/or know how to use a winch then that's great! The rest of the crew are experienced and have been sailing with me for years, so you'll learn heaps. It's a great opportunity for someone with basic skills to learn a bit more in a laid back environment. (Or for an experienced sailor who's fed up with skippers who yell! :wink: )

I'd be particularly keen to hear from someone who doesn't mind light bow duties, i.e. poling out the jib and setting up the Code Zero. My current bowman can teach you that, before he goes travelling next year.

Come along and give it a try for one race, that way you can see if this is for you or not (no commitment required).

For more details, please drop me a line at: cornelia@fxmarketing.co.nz

Cheers,

Cornelia

1238258_10151944100301214_1651071015_n.jpg

NB: Since that photo was taken FX has new sails, a new mast, new rigging, new prod, new winches, re-shaped rudder, and more!

Archived