deepthsounder silva

hi guys, I am hoping to get some advise re my trusty deepthsounder silva 3200 as it has finaly given up the ghost(after 25years)

I think it is the actual transponder/sensor thru hull unit as the instrument it self still works just no reading... went through the usuall check like fuse, transponder, power etc but to no avail unfortunately, As i currently don't have a fishfinder i was wondering if I should just go down the track of getting one, the hull is solid GFK but I don't like the idea of drilling another hole in the hull or having a transducer hanging of the back on the transom.

What are my options? i am thinking of a very basic fishfinder/deepthsounder ( all I want is a deepth reading really) something with a transducer that i can epoxy or glue from the inside and that reads thru the hull. just next to where the old transducer sits?

Yes, i did take the transducer out and gave it a good clean, switched fuse on ond off but instrument just reads -- Silva manual says it is a fault with transducer?

any help, much appreciated

You could remove the old trans and fit the new one in it's place. You could probably even find the exact replacement trans. One company makes the transducers for everyone. Airmar. Go to their website and you will find a page that lists all transducers in cross reference.

Archived