Looking to crew east from New Zealand April/May

GerJago

Hi there Gerry

Sadly, I think you're going to struggle to find boats going that way from NZ. Some yachts might sail eastward from NZ and then hook northward to get themselves to Tahiti, but that's not always the most pleasant trip. Most boats will be travelling northward to the tropics in April/May.

You never know, though ... there might be one or two yachts looking to sail eastward around the Horn.

That's all good grinna,

Ill see what happens. Tropics would be fine if I could sail east from there maybe toward Hawaii and then either fly or sail east again from there. Ill keep my eyes open and hopefully I find something.

Do you know which marinas would be best to advertise myself in around the north island?

Cheers for the info.

I'd suggest advertising at Gulf Harbour & Opua Marinas and possibly also at the Whangarei Town Basin marina. They tend to be the usual cruiser hang outs in the top of the north island.

I've heard of a couple of cruising boats intending to sail to Tahiti and on to Hawaii this season. It's not the easiest trip but it does avoid piracy prone areas.

Archived