Keel vibration

The vibration(all be it very small), was there before we hit sand so has nothing to do with it,or the rig.The keel is still very rigid, so i am in the opinion we just have a fairing issue as we have no speed issues with the boat,the total opposite, since the new rig we have certainly got more uphill speed and height.

After having talked to a couple of the crew, the vibration has started after the last antifoul,the trailing edges are certainly a lot thicker than 1/1.5mm, i think the underside is due for a bit of loving.Thanks for your all comments, thinking this will be ANZAC to easter holiday job.

You say the problem was there before the grounding then say it has got worse after the last anti foul.

Does noyt sound like a fairing issue. Antifoul is unlikely too.( unless one side of the keel is very rough )

Check keel tailing edge alignment and straightness.

Check bulb attachment

Check keel to hull attachment (as stated by FNG above)

I was hoping you might through in a bottle of rum as well Rhys, you know me Rhys im always trying to squeeze as much as i can out of the boat to try and stay ahead of you guys, so i am going to start with fairing as we checked the boat out after our gentle grounding, which was only a sand bank and came up all clear, but we are still going to give it a once over to be sure.CU on Friday.

now that's very funny bad advise - imo

Btw it may still hum, just more on one board than the other

and have fun sailing up wind great one board, sh*t house the other

Archived