Dean will be around a while yet.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Calm down guys, Ketchup is gone. 180 days revocation of posting rights.

Back on topic. On the Radio and TV this morning, Dean says he is out of ETNZ.   While I do not dispute the fact that he has had his go, and it is time for him to move on, the way in which this has b

My daughter just made the comment that it is hardly fair to blame DB for TNZ losing when the other boat was 3-5 kn  faster - it wouldn't have mattered who was driving.

Back on topic. On the Radio and TV this morning, Dean says he is out of ETNZ.

While I do not dispute the fact that he has had his go, and it is time for him to move on, the way in which this has been handled by ETNZ management is, IMO, abysmal. A year 1 management student would have got this done more professionally.

I feel sorry for Dean, and I'd now like to see him campaign for Olympics or a World Champs, off his own bat.

I also feel that the loss of Dean, possibly to another team, is a big mistake for ETNZ, because of his knowledge of the team and experience. ETNZ may regret this in the future. - And their "offer" to Dean is a joke - how could he possibly accept that in these circumstances? I'd be surprised if Dalton and Barker ever work together again. 

Dalton has dropped another peg in my estimation, and I'm very surprised that Sir Steven Tindal has allowed this to happen.

GD was on the news this morning and knew he was big time on the back foot, he didn't look at all comfortable. I think he knows he's a target of many and is on shacky ground.

If they need to dump someone they should dump whomever made the call to take the layday. That's the day they lost the AC.

Whoever or whomever??

GD was on the news this morning and knew he was big time on the back foot, he didn't look at all comfortable. I think he knows he's a target of many and is on shacky ground.

If they need to dump someone they should dump whomever made the call to take the layday. That's the day they lost the AC.

Whoever or whomever??

I'm not buying GD being responsible for the media leak earlier..the whole thing smells like DB leaked to the media a week ago knowing the board would be hamstrung to make comment...DB looking for a sympathy vote and to give GD Inc some hurt..

Time for DB move on...he will be fine..plenty of coin in his tin after 20 years and someone else will buy him.

However I agree 100% the person that handed the layday cost the cup..and I seriously doubt anyone but GD made that call. 

IT and KM have got it 100% I reckon. Very badly handled.

Morspeed, I don't believe Dean is that devious to leak it. He wears his heart on his sleeve too much to be able to pull that off. Dalts on the other hand...

You could write a book about that Lay-day. "One night out shagging"..

What a mess.