Maxwell RC 8-6 Windlass for sale - almost new

Used for four weeks over Xmas last summer.  

This WIndlass is in perfect condition, as you would expect from a near new piece of equipment.

6-7mm chain Gypsy.  

Only selling as I am changing my windlass and anchoring set up due to the low freeboard of my boat. I am going retro and changing to an electric windlass that does not incorporate an integral chain pipe as almost all the new ones do .

Selling at $975 firm.  Solenoid included. 

$1700 new these days. https://www.burnsco.co.nz/shop/12v-electrical/winches/anchor-winches/anchor-winch-maxwell-rc8-6

There is one catch....I have yet to remove it off my deck, but that is no problem for if a serious buyer comes forward, that will motivate me to remove it.

I will throw in the specially made black sunbrella cover that keeps the rain out while at anchor.

My mobile if you are a non member of this forum: oh too too oh for ate five for seven for

If you are a member, just send me a PM

Screen Shot 2020-12-12 at 10.14.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-12 at 10.21.50 PM.png

That winch is in new condition.

It can run 6 or 7mm chain with or without being spliced to a good 12mm warp, it loves the good 8 braid.

If you are considering one of these winches it is a very good deal.

I've sat thru 55kts using a 7mm chain/12mm warp combo on my 930, not the most pleasant of evening as we sailed around like a mad woman on meth as those boats do, but the anchor system held strong and we didn't move an inch.

• 2 weeks later...