in a seaway. Any liquid or inflammable fuels

must be carried in approved containers. X X X

16.09 Gas appliances. Installation shall comply

with NZ Standard 5428:2006. See SR

Appendix 5. X X X X X

This notice of minimum size 75mm x 150mm

shall be visible adjacent to the stove.

“ TURN OFF GAS AT BOTTLE” X X X X X

My 2c - we use the camp stove option but it's simply to be able to tick the box as we carry nothing to heat and nothing to heat with. For Cat 3, how about considering an option of not having gas? If you do, then sure, there are a few criteria.

Less rules please, not more.

Keep compliance costs for Cat 3 as low as possible, please.

same sentiment for the discussion about petrol motors.

i think the change to 2 years for a certificate is a crock and I think it has affected fleet numbers for the Coastal.

Tim,

I had one of those stoves on Supergroove. It met the regs and was actually really good. Generally we only ever used it cruising, or to put a kettle on for the pot noodles when it was wet and calm and cold. We always took a fewthermos with us for the Coastal, SSANZ etc

I have no problem with them for Cat 3 which are all day races anyway. For Cat 2 I still reckon they are ok but I'd want to see a method of fixing the pot on under motion - particularly heeling and pounding.

I think the gas in those is so little your risk is minimal.

Now out comes the soap box...

I reckon the seepage and fumes from outboards taken off the transom and stored below is worse, let alone their method of fixing them in case of knockdown

I reckon the seepage and fumes from outboards taken off the transom and stored below is worse, let alone their method of fixing them in case of knockdown

Hell yes. Any hot motor downstairs is yucky.

Knot all fixings are dodgy though, our would easily survive a roll over and assuming we weren't upside down too long the OB would still be a runner, thinking water ingest to the motor workings. We would also be pretty good with the fuel tank as it's tied into in a pretty good sealed locker (that has drains down low so up high if inverted). We may lose a little thru the air vent but I'm pretty confident we'd be in no worse shape than most inboards.

So I wonder what YNZ would think if they knew we have used 10 of those small tea candles to boil the jug? Ran out of gas... bugger. The candles worked bloody well though, boiled the puppy in about 10mins, then a big pot of beans and then a few snapper fillets. Now we keep a dozen or 2 aboard all the time.

So I wonder what YNZ would think if they knew we have used 10 of those small tea candles to boil the jug? Ran out of gas... bugger. The candles worked bloody well though, boiled the puppy in about 10mins, then a big pot of beans and then a few snapper fillets. Now we keep a dozen or 2 aboard all the time.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Nobody panic! Lots of sense has prevailed and a sensible outcome for all has been the result, especially for Cat 3 races. As soon as the rule becomes official I'll post a link.

I've raised many of the concerns I saw during my pre Coastal Classic inspections, and I think most of you will be happy. This looks like including being able to get rid of that large rusty heavy tool in the bilge that none of us would ever use...

My point of the post was to be able to show a general feeling if need be. Please don't shoot the messenger, I'm on your side!