Mariner Marine Insurance Up to 26' Club Championship Regatta

Riiiight - nothing more needs to be said about the difference in rudder shape there, I understand completely now. I am trying hard to forget I even saw the comment about the...er...body suit.

We will need to upgrade from the 1980 Mast, keel and rudder designs

I thought racing in the style of the 80s was the whole point. I have been imagining you guys out there in your long Ruggeds with zips up the sides and sleeveless PVC vests made by Canterbury...heading back to the club for a jug of Joseph Kuhtze...you're telling me this is all a delusion?

Mo's, Mullets and Wayfarers while listening to Duran Duran.

The Reactors had a great race around Rakino on the Saturday as Day one our Our series. Kites up from the start and all the way to Rakino, in clear skies and and outgoing tide. The course was around Issy red so that meant reaching around emu point. Bad news if you forget you dont have a jockey pole and the breeze picks up. Anyway ,after flogging the schackle off, and ripping the kite we reached around just under main and partially dropped to reattach sheet. Kite back up and off to Rakino. China Doll had taken off with the rest in pursuit. Around Rakino we tried to sail around Reliant but cocked up the drop and took time ot recover. We headed too far out to pick up the incoming time and those boats inshore made more use of the smoother water, wind against tide now..

Interlude and Stirrer had a great leg from Rakino to Rangi light making gains on us on Saint Fintan and Interlude crossed in front with Stirrer just having to tack away while trying to cross. Getting tight now. On to the finish, managing to place Interlude between us and the ship seems to slow tem down, looks like we were well clear of Stirrer and we crossed 5th out of 8, average result but better then average fun on the water.

Sunday saw China Doll take out all races, with Conflict, Phocoena and us trying to catch them. Was fun seeing the kites out for the upwind leg during the day...

Good to see so many boats on the water and great to see lots in the mixed division too. Roll on winter series!

Aghhh crap wrong pic.... try again!

Should I be concerned my skipper doesn't know the difference between a keel and a rudder?? :?

And if any body suits come out I'm jumping overboard and swimming home.

Our Bowman on saturday tried that (escaping)- even before any mention of pvc or body suits :sick: :twisted: .....we got him back on board before he got too far though :clap: .....But then again....he didn't turn up Sunday! :shifty:

Our Bowman on saturday tried that (escaping)- even before any mention of pvc or body suits :sick: :twisted: .....we got him back on board before he got too far though :clap: .....But then again....he didn't turn up Sunday! :shifty:

Only the pants and sunglasses got away... u shouda told me the lifelines were there just to look pretty. I kinda slept in on sunday was pretty stuffed. looks like you didnt need me anyway nice work

The pics are up on the up to 26 web site...

Thanks for taking the Pics Jo and thanks to lynne for running the site and uploading the hundreds of pics taken.

Pics look great. Are the results up anywhere? I can't find them on the pcc.org site (?). Cheers.

Results up on the Up to 26 Website under "racing" tab.

PCC for some reason have not posted them- Have provided them to us to put on the U2-26 site.

http://www.upto26club.org.nz

Archived