Crew Fiji to Opua

On behalf:

Hi there,

wondering if you know of anyone interested in crewing on a 42' yacht in the next fortnight. The yacht is on its final leg of a 16 year circumnavigation. Any help in this matter or any leads etc. would be most appreciated.

If you are interested pm me and I'll pass on details.

Hi there,

I am potentially keen. I am a keen social sailor with about 6 years experience on keelers in Wellington. I don't have any open ocean experience but apart from the weekly harbour races in Wellington have participated in a few races between Wellington and the South Island (Wellington-Nelson Race, Cook Strait Classic, Mana-Picton, Kapiti-Chetwodes-Queen Charlotte, Brothers race etc), have cruised to the South Island (Malborough Sounds) a few times and have chartered in the Malborough Sounds as skipper 3-4 times (I have completed the RPNYC Cruising Skipper's qualification).

Deciding factor for me would be when you go and what the deal is finance-wise.

I am Male, 26. Professional.

I am new to crew.org.nz but am happy to provide my skippers' details for references if you want.

Cheers.

I think most people who were planning on leaving the tropics for cyclone season will have pretty much done so already, but don't worry because there's sure to be a bunch of boats going north around April/May/June.

Going north is actually a nicer way to go because the days just get warmer and warmer, whereas coming south the days get colder and colder .... which is not so much fun.

Archived